Boca del Lupo is recruiting a Communications Associate!
About the position
We are seeking a unique individual who is passionate about performance creation, is an innovative thinker, a capable relationship builder, and an open and welcoming communicator to fill the role of Communications Associate. Reporting to the Artistic Director, the Communications Associate will manage our communications strategies, including creating and disseminating marketing and publicity materials (with the opportunity to create video and other digital content).
- Collaborating with staff and artists to conceive of, create, and publish all external communications, including website, social media, and monthly e-newsletters.
- Managing publicity, namely through creating and disseminating press kits and coordinating media interaction.
- Track and evaluate activities.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Is passionate about the arts and has familiarity with non-profit and artist-led working structures;
- Has 3-5 years of communications experience and possesses strong written and verbal communication skills. Digital content creation is considered a strong asset;
- Has project management/producing experience (3-5 years); and
- Can work independently on multiple projects at a time and has an aptitude for prioritizing tasks and deadlines.
This is a salaried full-time position that includes an extended health and dental plan. The remuneration for this position is $38,000 to $42,000 annually and includes two weeks paid vacation.
Boca del Lupo works with practitioners representing an array of identities and we hope to receive applications from candidates with a broad range of backgrounds, including race, ethnicity, culture, indigeneity, gender, gender-identification, sexual orientation, class, and ability.
Deadline for applications: August 8, 2018
Please submit resume and cover letter by email to Artistic Associate, Michelle Kneale: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications should be in one .pdf document, and the filename should contain the applicant’s name.
We thank all applicants for their submission, and only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Interviews with out-of-town applicants can be arranged through video conferencing.